3D ultrasound reconstruction and visualization software
2D automated image processing software
3D ultrasound imaging technology
LLC company driven by passionate people with high aspirations.
High accuracy, non-invasiveness, cost-effectiveness are our goals to ensure the contribution to the good of humanity by providing soft tissue visualization technologies to be used in screening for diseases with high global incidence
We are building a freehand 3D ultrasound scanner for head and neck region to help clinicians in diagnosis of periodontal disease, skin cancer or carotid stenosis by accurate and non-invasive ultrasound deep vision technologies.
Our goal is to transform 2D standard ultrasound equipment into 3D ultrasound scanners to lower the operator-dependence, generating reproducibility and the possibility of remote diagnosis.
- 3D ultrasound imaging technology that can be adapted to any standard ultrasound machine. Any user of a standard ultrasound machine can benefit from this upgrade (off the shelf positioning reading sensor); the effect will be a lower degree of qualification of the personnel needed for ultrasound imaging investigations
- software for 3D ultrasound reconstruction and visualization, 3D volume navigation having cross sectioning and measuring features Software as a Service through Cloud Platforms
- 2D automated image processing software application using artificial intelligence, assisted by the operator for validation and corrections of the results Chifor Vision Software as a Service through Cloud Platforms. (Stand alone product version and 3D ultrasound scanner integrated version of the software application for reducing operator dependency regarding the visualization and interpretation of the result.)
3D Ultrasound scanner prototype and software – CR examiner (Chifor Vision) – AI automatic segmentation of 2D ultrasound images
Periodontal tissue AI segmentation, supervised and corrected by the operator.
Using AI – automated identification of 4 types of tissue: tooth crown, root, cortical bone, gingival tissue and periodontal pocket
- Embedded & IoT SW engineering:- 15+ years of embedded development in 4 industries: railway (including safety), automotive (including safety), life sciences, industrial automation predictive maintenance- various roles: developer, team leader, solution architect, hiring manager, technical sales manager- supervised teams of 60+ people in the 4 industries mentioned above- supervised projects that developed machine learning models for image segmentation & security threats detection
- Mathematician & software developer– 15+ years as expert software systems developer: 2D image recognition methods, 3D reconstruction algorithms, spatial calibration algorithms
- Medical expertise:
– +12 years experience in medical imaging research, over 15 years as a general dentist, more that 13 years teaching Preventive Dentistry at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Temporal sensor data synchronization algorithm
- Algorithm for spatial calibration of sensors, Spatial Calibration Phantom and Method: design and implementation
- 3D ultrasound model reconstruction algorithms
- Visualization module of reconstructed 3D models both with and without tissue segmentation
- 3D model cross-sectioning & navigation modules, mapping the section to the corresponding ultrasound frame
- Ultrasound frame manual & automated segmentation modules
- Ultrasound frame previously segmented tissues fine tunning and correction module
- Definition & implementation in software or using 3rd party tools of methods & KPIs measuring the reconstruction accuracy
- Definition & implementation in software or using 3rd party tools of methods to reduce movement noise artifacts with resect to examined subject
- Definition & implementation in software or using 3rd party tools of automatic comparison methods of succesive 3D ultrasound reconstructed models for the same examination subject
The 3D ultrasound imaging technology validation in a relevant environment was performed in partnership with Technical University of Cluj-Napoca and a Canadian University.
Positive feedback from more that 5 clinicians